"Keep Calm and Carry On". BBC R&D launch 'Adaptive Podcasting' and Alby launch a new SAT's dashboard.
September 09, 2022
James Cridland & Sam Sethi
- The BBC Global News Podcast's presenter Jackie Leonard, and producer Karen Martin, spoke at Radiodays Asia in Malaysia. The show, which is also recording a special edition at the event, is one of the top-rated shows in many Asian countries, with 33m downloads a month.
- In collaboration with the European Broadcasting Union and partners, BBC R&D has developed an open-source platform that allows the production of 'adaptive' podcasts.
- Is podcast search broken? Justin Jackson took a tweet from Sounds Profitable’s Bryan Barletta as inspiration to test the search facilities in podcast apps.
- Podnews did some research on what podcast search engines actually index.
- Alby is a micropayment wallet that uses the lightning network. They are working on a new Dashboard and their new WP plugin. Link: https://saturn.fly.dev
August’s platform data for Buzzsprout
- Podverse, a podcast app, has launched searchable transcripts. Here’s an example from the Podland podcast.
- Wavvy – new web-based audio editor based on Audacity
Trebble has launched an online audio editor
- Podnews podcast pages now support the podcast:person tag
Pod The North, a Canadian podcast newsletter, launches today. Run by Kattie Laur
Radio France podcasts will be available on Amazon Music
All podcast roads lead to video, suggests Anchor founder Michael Mignano
- Fountain has added its new charts and added a number of additional features
hilarious real-life stories from the field, top industry guests & pop culture #TeaTime
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify
Radio Days Asia - Malaysia
Interview: BBC R&D Adaptive Podcasts
iOS 16 Apple Core Media, Images and Chapters
Podnews Supports Person Tag
Podnews Supports Blended Ratings Scores
All Podcast Roads Lead To Video
Libsyn 5 supports IAB stats.
Podcasting Is Not Diverse, It's White Old Men.
This Week For Sam & James