Join James Cridland and Sam Sethi
All the links are at Podnews at https://podnews.net/podcast/i5hv2
1. Spotify’s podcast ad revenue has jumped 627% year-on-year, according to their revenue announcement.
2. Apple has confirmed a download bug has been fixed in iOS 14.7.
3. There are now at least 1,000 paid shows in Apple Podcasts
- Just six weeks after the feature was publicly launched. We’ve discovered more than 500 different channels in Apple Podcasts and more than 30% of those channels are paid-for.
How does that compare with Podcast Index and their value 4 value cryptocurrency thing?
- There are also now just over 1,000 value4value-enabled podcasts earning Bitcoin, too.
- Benjamin Bellamy (CEO at Ad Aures) is talking about Value 4 Value at Podcast Movement “Podcast Index: How to unleash your value thanks to the Podcast Namespace” It is already online and available here:
4. Acast suggests it’s the #3 podcast network in the US in a blog from their COO
5. Who are the Most Powerful People in Podcasting?
6. QR codes for podcasts are getting more popular: but where to link them to, so they work for everyone on every app? The Podcast Namespace team kicked some ideas round last week, and have settled on:
- https://(a podcast page)#fastfollow-podcast:(a guid)
Updated Podnews podcast pages, like Podland, for example, now include this fastfollow link as a QR code (desktop only); and you can scan it using the standard camera app on your phone, or within apps like CurioCaster.Buzzsprout
Podcast hosting and a whole lot moreRiverside.FM
Podcast recording made simple. The easiest way to record podcasts in studio quality from anywhere.